Wednesday, January 8, 2014

WHY I CLIMB MOUNTAINS


Once upon a minute.....

 
           he stood with me on the mountain of my pride, and he said to me: "You've made it this far, do you see all these other mountains?
I will give you these if you just worship yourself."

           Behind me, the sun was rising. My eyes focused on the blood red hue encompassing the mountains around me. I remembered the trail that brought me to my own personal peak of pride. Tears fell like rain and washed away the dirt of haughtiness staining the edges of my heart. Loneliness had become my companion during my quest to climb the mountains of more. "It's never enough!" Became my personal motto. "Achievement at any cost!" Was my personal mission statement. Slowly the thought of climbing endless mountains of my own pride became a heavy backpack hanging on my shoulders. My body and spirit were sagging from the weight.

           As the sun rose and warmed my bones, my countenance brightened. The sun was rising over the trail that had led me to the top of the mountain. It's powerful rays were washing over the trail in front of me. I heard a still small voice in my heart whisper:

"Do you see all those mountains of pride? I want you to climb them. 
There are many other people standing on those mountains who are lonely. 
I will be your companion as you share our hearts with them. 
Share with them the wisdom of the Son rise 
that redeems the past and brightens the future. 
Share with them the knowledge of the Mountain of God.
 It's a peak of understanding where you will never be alone. 
It's a range of forgiveness as far as the eye can see. 
 It's a grace covered precipice that redeems even the coldest soul. 
Go and make more mountain climbers!"

          My shoulders lifted as the weight of my pride melted away. I was filled with gratitude at the thought of a new day. I was loved unconditionally, I wanted others to know that kind of love. So now I climb the Mountains of God.

Thanks for your time.
Go do something nice for somebody.
JLYASDW

No comments:

Post a Comment