Thursday, January 16, 2014

Hey, Can You Spare A Crumb?

I was hungry and you scraped your leftovers into the garbage disposal.
I was thirsty and you let your faucet drip.
I was homeless and you closed off a room to save on heat.
I was shivering and you still have tags on the clothes in your closet.
I was sick and you blamed it on my bad habits
I was in prison and you forgot about me.

This isn't meant to make anyone feel guilty.
This is meant to make you think about the riches you actually do have
in comparison to those who are truly impoverished.
Give a crumb, share a morsel, spare a drop, part with a thread, show compassion or think about being behind bars.
Better yet, create a job, teach a skill, mentor somebody, instead of blaming demonstrate perseverance by not giving up even if they are locked up. Most folks are as redeemable as they make up their minds to be.
Kindness and compassion are seeds that grow flesh in hardened hearts.

Matthew 25:37-40 “Then those ‘sheep’ are going to say, ‘Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry and feed you, thirsty and give you a drink? And when did we ever see you sick or in prison and come to you?’ Then the King will say, ‘I’m telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me—you did it to me."
The Message
Thanks for your time.
Go do something nice for somebody.
JLYASDW

No comments:

Post a Comment