Sunday, January 12, 2014

Was My Dream Meant for Somebody Else?


Suddenly there was an angel at his side and light flooding the room. The angel shook Peter and got him up: “Hurry!” The handcuffs fell off his wrists. The angel said, “Get dressed. Put on your shoes.” Peter did it. Then, “Grab your coat and let’s get out of here.” Peter followed him, but didn’t believe it was really an angel—he thought he was dreaming. Acts 12:7-9 The Message
       
           I had a dream last night that I think was meant for somebody else.
 (Or maybe I'm in denial.)
Maybe someone will have an understanding about the dream that can become wisdom as they pass their understanding back to me. My wife does that a lot and I am grateful for her. For now, it seems to me that somebody else (or maybe it's me) needs to hear about the dream -
NOW!

          The dream was about someone taking my running shoes away. My shoes were missing and I went searching for them I asked an unknown person if they had seen my running shoes and they gave me a very worn pair. The rubber had already started to breakdown, they had seen at least 500 miles of running. After examining the shoes and knowing they were not mine, I resumed my search for the missing shoes.

          I found myself leaning down at almost ground level and looking into a wood structure. It looked like a log lean-to that you would find in a wilderness area. On the floor of the lean-to I saw a row of many running shoes. I spotted a pair that were multicolored and I thought they were mine. A few months ago my wife had bought me a new pair and they did have some bright colors on them. The pair I picked up resembled the multicolored headdress that would be common in Africa.

    That's the end of the dream as I remember it. Laying in bed this morning, I thought about possible meanings of the dream. I pondered possible questions whose answers might provide some revelation.
  •  Is someone trying to steal my "Walk in Christ?"
  • Was I no longer running with perseverance?
  • Did I misplace my new shoes (new wineskins) and begin running in old shoes (old wineskins?)
  • Are the colors of Africa on the running shoes asking: "Whom shall I send?"
  • All of the shoes were in a lean-to in the woods, is it time to take more inner city youngsters into the wilderness and guide them over the mountains of life?
  • Am I running in the shoes that God intended for me?
  • Is it time to run again in a different race?

Thanks for your time.
Go do something nice for somebody.
JLYASDW

No comments:

Post a Comment