Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I Feel Numb

NUMB
I feel numb.
It's not the cold weather.
Cold bodies - his & mine.
Someone who had a warm spot in my heart
no longer has a heartbeat.
I feel numb.
He was young
He was growing.
He was hurtin'.
He's not hurtin' anymore.
He's sailed across the Red Sea.
Moses complained that Pharaoh had a hard heart.
I complain that the kids never listen.
"Jesus loves you and so do we."
I repeat it over and over.
Sometimes they say it back.
I've learned never to give up,
Especially when the plagues of life seem to go against us.
I know that God will shut down the pharaohs of deceit.
I know that God will guide us away from the Egypt of self.
I know that God will eventually open up the Red Sea.
I know that Jesus Blood is the Red Sea
 that opens to eternal life.
God I thank you for the life of DeMario. Thank you for all of him - the goods and the bads because we've all got them. I pray that he is in your hands right now. I pray that you gave him a final piece of understanding. I pray that you molded him into the image of your son. You knew DeMario's pain and suffering. You knew his joys. I pray that you find a way to give him eternal joy. Please forgive him as you forgive me. May he rest with you forever. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment