Wednesday, April 2, 2014

PRAYER of a HYPOCRITE

          I saw a dude in a hoodie yesterday that said: "SEX & DRUGS & RAP." My first arrogant thought was: "That's stupid. That guys probably mixed up in stuff that is not good." Then my memory appeared through the fog. It wasn't that many years ago that I was singing along with a song on the radio called: "SEX & DRUGS & ROCKIN' ROLL." Then I thought: "Oh yeah, I haven't been and I'm still not a perfect guy." I read this morning about a guy named Daniel who took responsibility for the sins of a whole nation.
           Okay God, I want to take responsibility for what I have done that has not brought glory to you. I want to take responsibility for my actions that have been hypocritical and may have lead others away from you. I want to take responsibility as a leader who has not always paved the way for young people to walk in a way that leads to you. I know that you are a God of forgiveness, mercy and grace. Please cover my irresponsibilities with your second chance grace. Please cover the irresponsibilities of those who didn't know what they are doing. Please cover the irresponsibilities of our city and our nation. Thank you for your passion. We proclaim our hearts be lent to you in one accord. Amen

Daniel 9:16
16 “O Lord, according to all Your righteousness, I pray, let Your anger and Your fury be turned away from Your city Jerusalem, Your holy mountain; because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and Your people are a reproach to all those around us. 17 Now therefore, our God, hear the prayer of Your servant, and his supplications, and for the Lord’s sake cause Your face to shine on Your sanctuary, which is desolate. 18 O my God, incline Your ear and hear; open Your eyes and see our desolations, and the city which is called by Your name; for we do not present our supplications before You because of our righteous deeds, but because of Your great mercies. 19 O Lord, hear! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, listen and act! Do not delay for Your own sake, my God, for Your city and Your people are called by Your name.”

No comments:

Post a Comment