Monday, December 30, 2013

49 X 3:16 The Introduction



49 X 3:16

An Introduction


For many years I've thought about writing this book. Reading the Bible from cover to cover once a year has been a habit of mine for quite awhile. The passage from John 3:16 is generally considered the most widely read Bible verse of all time. By reading the entire Bible, I've gleaned a fair amount of understanding from some other 3:16's.
I think it all began early one morning a few years ago in Este's Park, Colorado. It was my final night of training for my position as Emcee with Group Workcamps. My position was similar to that of a youth pastor. All of us at the training would be scattered to cities all over the United States later that year. A group of young people who came from all over the world, would gather in those cities. They would share their summer vacations with economically disadvantaged folks and do service projects. In the evening we'd have programs that would teach them more about serving the way Jesus did. The programs started out with fun and laughter and then went into worship and the Word. I was the Emcee who played host to some incredibly gifted people.
Our training allowed us to spend a few days in one of the most beautiful places that I've ever been. We were nestled in the elk filled forests of the Rocky Mountains. My hikes up into the mountains seemed to be lead by acrobatic humming birds. A few hours after the sun set on my last day of training, I went to bed knowing that I had to get up at 4am. I set my alarm for 4am but I woke up at 3:16am. My mind went to John 3:16. I got out of bed and wrapped up my responsibilities at Estes Park and left for the airport. It was about an hours drive and I began thinking about buying a book when I got there.
I like to reward myself after the accomplishment of a goal that I had set for myself. My reward this time would be the purchase of a book; that was if I could find a reasonably priced book! At the airport bookstore, I found a book written by Jimmy Carter. The book was only 5 bucks and I figured it was a deal to purchase something written by a former President for only 5 dollars. At this moment I don't remember anything else in the book except that it had another "3:16" written in it:

"2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."

That verse became a seed in my soul that has not stopped growing. May all of the "3:16's" in this book become seeds in your soul and help you to grow exceedingly above anything that you thought you were capable of.

http://www.amazon.com/49-X-3-Bob-Kuebler/dp/1502873052



Thank's for your time. Go do something nice for an old head.
Jesus loves you and so do we.


Bob Kuebler is the Founder & Director of Youth With A Purpose. Bob has spent the last 12 yrs. learning about pain and perseverance from inner city young people and their families. Healing starts with love and encompasses compassion and empathy. Our mission at YWAP is to inspire inner city young people to develop as God's leaders who overcome the mindset of poverty and gang violence. Bob is the Author of four books, several magazine articles and blogs including The Bright Spot Report. He regularly shares with audiences about how God is redeeming our cities through young people.


Bob can be reached at 716-830-8240

or ywapbuffalo@yahoo.com.

www.youthwithapurpose.org

No comments:

Post a Comment