Wednesday, June 7, 2017

TWO THINGS I WANT TO DO WITH MY LIFE

          My "bucket list" of life goals is more like a coffee cup. Sure, I'd like to finish climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro, finish hiking all 50 United States high points (32 so far,) and accomplish a few other things. But they all pale in comparison to what's really in my heart.

          Two things overwhelm all the other thoughts that take up space in my life.
1. "I want to tell as many young men as I can,
how much God loves them."
2. "I want to tell as many young men as I can,
how cool it is to be a dad."
          Everything else flows into my bucket list from those two things. Knowing the love of God will tell a young man how to love and respect a woman. I want my relationship with my wife to be a model of a man loving his wife the way Christ loved the church.
          God's love provides a road map for a young man's purpose in life. It's a game plan for greatness in demonstrating a more excellent way to live. God is an all-loving, all-forgiving Father who allowed his son to demonstrate how to lay your life down.
          I love being a Dad, though I never claim to have the role perfected. To remain teachable is a life-long pursuit. I want to learn more about God's love. I want to learn more about being a better dad. I want to learn more about how to do two things.

Thanks for your time. Go do something nice for somebody.
Jesus loves you and so do we.

     Bob Kuebler is the Director of Youth With A Purpose. Bob has spent the last 15 yrs. learning about pain and perseverance from inner city young people and their families. Healing starts with love and encompasses compassion and empathy.
     Our mission at YWAP is to inspire inner-city young people to develop as God's leaders who overcome the mindset of poverty and gang violence and mentor the next generation. Bob is the Author of six books, several magazine articles and blogs including The Bright Spot Report. He regularly shares with audiences about how God is redeeming our cities through young people.

Bob can be reached at 716-830-8240 or ywapbuffalo@yahoo.com.
www.youthwithapurpose.org

.

No comments:

Post a Comment