Thursday, August 22, 2013

Yeah, I Cry for Children

I'm not sure why I feel such a great sadness over children who are never allowed to live beyond their mother's womb. It actually brings tears to my eyes thinking about the millions of children who have been killed through abortion. Why do so many people support politicians who support killing children? Some folks call it a "woman's right to choose." Why doesn't the child get the right to choose if he or she would like to live like the rest of us?

I have heard about people who witnessed abortions. They have seen through a sonogram, a baby trying to escape the suction that will terminate their life. I have listened to the stories of people who are abortion survivors. Even our President voted 3 times to deny protection for children born alive during an abortion. How can a compassionate society deny the basic rights to the most vulnerable and innocent of human beings?

Self destruction of a society begins with sacrificing it's most vulnerable residents. Society clamors for protection from sociopathic killers when we breed them through our own coldness. We have become numb to the plight of the innocent. Abortion is the result of selfishness. Someone makes the decision that they are not ready for a child so they kill the child. If you don't want the child, someone will adopt the baby and give it a chance at life.

If you have had an abortion, I do not think ill of you. I do not believe in abortion but I believe in loving all human life. It may be that part of my purpose in life is to share the pain of the unborn because I do. I also share the pain of many people who have had abortions and regret it.

I am sorry if you were raped, because I feel that pain too. I have witnessed the death and abuse of many young people. I have seen children giving birth to stillborn children. I have seen young girls so desperate for love that they allow themselves to be violated. I have listened to people who have experienced horrible tragedies and I absorb their pain. As a youth director, I pretty much get my heart broken once a week. I know what abuse is. I know what death is. I know what brokenness is.

The Mission Statement of Youth With A Purpose reads:

"We believe that all children are gifted, on both sides of the womb. We exist to identify, nurture, protect and empower young people to use their gifts to become the world changers that God meant them to be."

The cycle of life for a child (who makes it out of the womb alive) in Buffalo is a circuitous trip that includes home, hospital, school, courtroom, jail, funeral home, cemetery, social services, street corners, youth centers, maybe college and maybe a job (if they don't have a felony.) Children feel the disrespect that society has placed upon them. Devalued children treat all life in a devalued manner. Isn't it time to re-instill values in our children by demonstrating that we value them.  

Please don't be offended if I hurt.
Please don't be offended if I cry.
Please don't be offended if I ask:
Why must the children die?

Thanks for your time. Go do something nice foe somebody.
Jesus loves you and so do we.

No comments:

Post a Comment