Thursday, August 16, 2012

A New Sin

One instructor can be the difference in a life or death flight for many people.

 It seems like everyday a new law is created. Everyday we are given new opportunities to break new laws. Is breaking a law the same thing as committing a sin? Do new laws create opportunities for new sin?

What is sin?

My definition of sin would be a moral transgression against God or man. It's a character blemish that is infectious and causes a chasm to develop that erodes love and promulgates fear. It hurts. I have always thought I knew what sin was. Now, I'm beginning to realize that sin is much deeper and widespread within me as I understand more of what truth is. It's almost like the greater my understanding of what truth is, the greater my understanding of what a lie is. The bigger my understanding of truth grows, the greater my vision in revealing the smallest of lies. When you study the real thing, you can spot a counterfeit a mile away. I think this morning I discovered a new sin.

A mountain can be a safe place if the guide gives proper directions.

 Enlarged Understanding

I was reading about a guy named Ezekiel this morning. My understanding was enlarged. A spiritual weightlifting had taken place within me. The kind of weightlifting that requires heavy exertion. It was like going to the gym for a strenuous workout that would result in the tearing and rebuilding of muscle tissue. Here is what I read:

Ezekiel 3:16-21 The Message

 16 At the end of the seven days, I received this Message from God:
 17-19 "Son of man, I've made you a watchman for the family of Israel. Whenever you hear me say something, warn them for me. If I say to the wicked, 'You are going to die,' and you don't sound the alarm warning them that it's a matter of life or death, they will die and it will be your fault. I'll hold you responsible. But if you warn the wicked and they keep right on sinning anyway, they'll most certainly die for their sin, but you won't die. You'll have saved your life.
 20-21 "And if the righteous turn back from living righteously and take up with evil when I step in and put them in a hard place, they'll die. If you haven't warned them, they'll die because of their sins, and none of the right things they've done will count for anything—and I'll hold you responsible. But if you warn these righteous people not to sin and they listen to you, they'll live because they took the warning—and again, you'll have saved your life."
 It seems pretty clear that when you are given a responsibility to teach somebody and you fail to follow through, you will suffer. Imagine a Doctor who fails to continue his medical education. If a patient suffers or dies as a result of the Doctor not being aware of new life saving discoveries, he would be guilty of negligence. If God has given you an assignment and you ignore it and somebody dies, I think God would hold you in contempt of His court.

A healthy respect for danger allows you the freedom to enjoy the scenery. You don't have to be swept over the Falls to enjoy the beauty of the Niagara River.





What's A New Sin? 


As the Director of a Youth Center, life is much easier when there is peace. Sometimes I have to instruct a young person regarding respect for the other young people. It would be easier to keep my mouth shut because I know that my intervention will lead to a boisterous confrontation. The alternative of not intervening is allowing the bad habit to gather a greater destructive force that will hurt more people eventually. Part of that enlarged destruction would be on my shoulders. If I feel that God has put me here as a watchman and spokesperson and I refuse to honor His calling on my life - that is sin. I call it new sin because my understanding of love and truth has been enlarged. I now see the detriment of disobeying God in the light of a greater understanding. My job is to be a potentiator. To seek out the potential in other human beings and encourage a life of truth and understanding that will unleash that potential.

Is New Sin A Greater Burden?

The burden is light when the heart is focused on Christ. The revelation to me of a greater sin represents a greater opportunity to climb a bigger mountain. Climbing a mountain requires training and knowledge. Climbing a mountain requires exertion and patience. Standing on top of the mountain and glimpsing the excellence of God's glory is liberating. There is freedom in the immenseness of God's love. Responsibility leads to greater opportunities that enlarge the place of truth and love in all people.

Thanks for your time. God o something nice for somebody.

"Find new ways, 
  in as many ways, 
    in more excellent ways, 
      on all of your days, 
        to show love." 

Bob Kuebler
YWAP Director

Youth With A Purpose
In School & After School
In The Mountains & In The Hood

157 Locust Street
Buffalo, New York 14204

716-830-8240
"All Children Are Gifted" 
http://thebrightspotreport.blogspot.com/
A Scholarship for a young person to attend a 3 day Wilderness Adventure in the Adirondack Mountains is valued at $185. We are a 501c3 and your donations are tax deductible. You may give online at:
http://www.gofundme.com/73te4
If you are looking for a speaker for parents or youth or both, please call us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment